Writers, non-writers & photographers all are welcome.
The Natural Farmer (TNF) is published quarterly as the seasons change and each issue centers on a specific theme. TNF welcomes contributions from writers, story tellers, scientists, growers, conservationists, food justice activists, eaters, visionaries, and the like! As long as your content relates to agriculture, food, or the land – TNF wants to hear from you.
Please complete this form. The TNF editor will be in touch with how to submit contributions.
Upcoming Deadlines for all Sections and Themes:
- SUMMER ISSUE, published June 21, 2021** Theme – CLIMATE CHANGE: Adaptation & Resilience and 50 YEARS of NOFA: Looking Back. Submission Deadline, May 1.
- FALL ISSUE, published Sept 20, 2021** Theme – 50 YEARS of NOFA: Looking ahead. Submission Deadline, August 1.
- WINTER ISSUE, published December 21, 2021** Theme – FORESTRY, Submission Deadline, November 1.
If your writing is published in the paper, you will receive a free year subscription to the paper.
There are many ways to contribute:
– Write a technical article based in experience and/or research
– Share a story or experience from your farm or a farm that inspires you
– Write an opinion piece about a trending topic
– Write a book review
– Share a nonfiction, personal story in the “Lessons from the Land” column
– Review a practical tool used for gardening or farming or share your favorite Farm Hack (or Farm Fail)
– Submit a photo
*A special feature for the Summer and Fall issues will highlight 50 years of NOFA. We’re welcoming your NOFA stories. What does NOFA mean to you? How has NOFA changed your life? Where were you when NOFA started? What does the next 50 years mean for NOFA?*
Questions or issues with the form, please contact the TNF Editor, Elizabeth Gabriel, at TNF@nofa.org.