Job Opening with The Natural Farmer – Ad/Sponsor Rep
Apply to Jack Kittredge, Editor at email@example.com ; 978-355-2853
The Natural Farmer is the quarterly journal of the 7 state chapters of the Northeast Organic Farming Association. This 40-48 page tabloid newspaper serves the 4500 or so NOFA members and about 200 subscribers.
The ad/sponsor rep will contact advertisers and sponsors of the journal to update and renew ads, and will seek out new advertisers and sponsors to try us out. Position will be filled when the right candidate comes along.
The annual advertising budget for the TNF is $27,000. Annual commission income for this position is approximately $4000. Most advertisers renew, but we need new ones signing up every issue. Once familiar with this job, work can be done in roughly 35 hours per quarter. Commission figured at 10% for all existing advertisers/sponsors and 25% for all new ones.
- Access to a computer with ability to image graphic files
- Capability with Email and Microsoft Office Suite
- Good listener for advertiser needs and concerns
- Interested and excited to help small companies reach small farmers with useful goods and services
- Comfort with phone outreach as a priority along with email skills
- Persistent personality with responsible attention to deadlines and details
- Daily communication with editor during quarterly renewal periods
- Problem solver with upbeat personality